Can my ex-partner travel abroad with our children when we have joint custody?


QUESTION: Can my ex-partner travel with our children abroad when we have joint custody? Does he need my permission?

ANSWER: In the case when both parents have joint custody of a minor, the written consent of the other parent must be given, in order to leave Spain.

This can be done by a notarized letter in which the non-travelling parent accepts the trip of the minors for a fixed period of time.

Remember also that there is the LUXEMBOURG AGREEMENT, that protects minors against the legal kidnapping of a minor by a relative, in the case when a custody or visitation order has been violated, if a child is taken to a foreign country.

In Pellicer & Heredia our expert team will be happy to assist you on this or any other matter. Please do not hesitate to contact us.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here