THE MEDBAR Golf Society from El Raso played on one of their favourite golf courses last week on the first interim game of the year.
The individual Stableford event attracted a good turnout of 19 players to the Altereal course, which was in excellent condition.
The sun blazed down throughout the day meaning players needed to replenish liquid supplies regularly and scoring was good for all participants on the day.
Full results and scores from the memorable day were as follows:
- Gold division and overall winner with 41 points was John Goulder
- Runner up gold division with 34 points was Ray Mattock
- Silver division winner was Ave Capper with 33 points
- Runner up in the silver division was Bob Mac Dermont with 30 points
- Nearest the pins on par 3: Andrew Drinkall, holes 4 & 10, unfortunately, no one hit the green on the 17th hole
- Nearest the pin in 2 on par 4: Andrew Drinkall
- Nearest the pin in 3 on longest par 4: Steve Wild
- Longest drive on hole 18: Steve Wild
- Football card winners: Sue Clarke and Buck Taylor
Steve and his staff at the Med Bar and Bistro provided an excellent buffet at the end of the event.
The Medbar Golf Society’s next day out is to Lo Romero on Tuesday April 25
Anyone interested in joining the Medbar Golf Society at El Raso can send an email to [email protected] or call into the Med Bar and leave contact details whereupon someone will contact you.