Am I entitled to receive public healthcare in Spain?


THE ANSWER depends on several criteria, including the following:

Were you a legal resident in Spain prior to the 24 of April 2012?

Do you earn less than 100.000 euros per year?

Don’t worry if you don’t meet the above requirements, as there are other ways to qualify.

1. By submitting translated and legalised copies of 1.a marriage certificate 2. a child’s birth certificates and a copy of your family book (libro de familia).
2. If you or your spouse reside and work in Spain – with a work contract
3. If you or your spouse receives a state pension from a European country
4. If you have lived in Spain for over a year and do not meet any of the above requirements you can apply by paying a small monthly fee

The information provided in this article is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues.

Call 965 480 737 or 606 056 282 or email [email protected]


© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here