A FIRE broke out in the Bona Platja restaurant in Denia on Monday morning.
Three firefighters rushed to the scene and managed to control the fire before it got out of hand.
The fire broke out, it is believed, due to a short circuit in the till and thanks to the efforts of the firefighters, the flames only slightly affected the kitchen and the hallway.
The restaurant did not have to close, sending out a ‘message of tranquillity’ to followers on its Facebook page.
The restaurant has however asked that anyone who has a reservation contacts them to confirm it, as the reservation book was damaged in the fire.