Man burned alive in caravan


AN AUTOPSY on a man who died in his caravan in Torremolinos this week confirmed he had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officers from the National Police believe the man had been trying to clean his gas hob when a fire broke out, causing three explosions.

Witnesses called the emergency services after the first explosion and tried to open the door to the man’s caravan, but were unable to reach him.

After battling the flames, firefighters found the man’s burnt corpse in the vehicle, parked on Avenida Salvador Dali in La Colina. Health workers tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate the man.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

We welcome comments from readers on our website and across our social networks. We invite you to discuss issues and share your views and we encourage robust debate and criticism provided it is civil.

However we reserve the right to reject or edit comments that:

• Contain offensive language
• Include personal attacks of any kind
• Are likely to offend or target any ethnic, racial, nationality or religious group
• Are homophobic, transphobic, sexist, offensive or obscene
• Contain spam or include links to other sites
• Are clearly off topic
• Impersonate an individual or organisation, are fraudulent, defamatory of any person, threatening or invasive of another’s privacy or otherwise illegal
• Are trolling or threatening
• Promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services

You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us, without limitation, in any format.