A THREE-year-old British boy is in intensive care after falling into a swimming pool in Denia.
The incident happened at around 2.00pm on Wednesday at the family home in Cami be Betlem on the slope of the Montgo.
The boy’s parents soon noticed that he had fallen and called 112 immediately.
The boy was unconscious with no pulse and had swallowed a lot of water.
Policia Local officers arrived at the scene and recovered the boy’s pulse with a defibrillator just a few minutes before the ambulance arrived and the medical team resuscitated him.
The medical team also treated the mother, who suffered an anxiety attack.
The ambulance took the boy to Hospital de Denia-MarinaSalud before transferring him to Hospital Clinico de Valencia where he was incubated in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
He remains stable and staff at the hospital are confident he will recover.