THE THREE-year-old British boy who spent almost week in intensive care after falling into a swimming pool in Denia last Wednesday lost his fight for life on Tuesday.
The incident happened at the family home in Cami be Betlem on the slope of the Montgo.
The boy’s parents soon noticed that he had fallen and called 112 immediately.
The boy was unconscious with no pulse and had swallowed a lot of water.
Policia Local officers arrived at the scene and recovered the boy’s pulse with a defibrillator just a few minutes before the ambulance arrived and the medical team resuscitated him.
The medical team also treated the mother, who suffered an anxiety attack.
The ambulance took the boy to Hospital de Denia-MarinaSalud before transferring him to Hospital Clinico de Valencia where he was incubated in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
Whilst the boy is said to have been breathing relatively normally since the incident, he died after failing to overcome brain damage suffered while he was underwater.
His parents are understood to have agreed to donate his organs.