Pellicer & Heredia: Questions & Answers


QUESTION: My partner is a non EU national. What documentation must he have in order to be able to work here legally?

ANSWER: A non EU foreigner who wishes to work in Spain must obtain a visa before moving to Spain. These can be obtained from the foreigner’s office or the provincial office of the ministry of labour. If your partner is on Spanish territory the provincial labour offices will decide if a work permit will be issued.

  • The documents required for the application of a work permit for an employee are the following:-
  • Copy of a valid passport
  • Certificate of criminal records issued by the authorities of the foreigners home country- Official medical certificate
  • Three passport-size photographs
  • Your NIE and the social security number of your employer
  • A formal offer of employment
  • Full description of the job and the company activity

If you have any further questions about this or any legal matter, please do not hesitate to contact us; we have a team of experts standing by to assist you in any way we can. Call 965 480 737 or 606 056 282. Email [email protected].


The information provided in this article is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here