Legal Questions & Answers


Q. I am intending to renovate my villa. My friend has told me that I need to let the town hall know AND also that I have to apply for a permit from the Town hall to do so?

A. That is correct!

When building work is carried out as part of a renovation project, you must apply for and obtain a “licencia de obras” from your local Town hall.

In order to obtain this you must provide them with the relevant documentation such as:

– Plans of the work you intend to carry out, including a description, layout and sketch of the project.
– A quote from the builder of the total valuation of the project
– The application form
– Your ID
– You may be required to pay a small fee

If you are planning a renovation of your property, are having building works done, or are not sure if you need local permissions for works that will be carried out, please do not hesitate to contact us.

If you have any further questions about this or any legal matter, please do not hesitate to contact us; we have a team of experts standing by to assist you in any way we can. Call Pellicer & Heredia on 965 480 737 or 606 056 282. Email [email protected]. Website:

• The information provided in this article is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here