12-year-old helps stop fire in Denia apartment block

0

RESIDENT of an apartment block in Denia had to be evacuated last week as a fire erupted in an apartment on the second floor.

A 12-year-old boy who lives nearby noticed smoke coming from the Puerto Romano building on Avenida Miguel Hernandez and quickly warned several neighbours, who in turn alerted the emergency services.

Three fire engines and eight firefighters arrived at the scene just minutes later and extinguished the fire, which was found to have been started by the battery failure of an Oxboard (an electric Segway scooter without the handlebars).

Firefighters said that the speed at which they were alerted to the fire was fundamental.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here