Firefighters called to remove ring from finger

0
Firefighters called to remove ring

TWO Benidorm firefighters were called to the aid of an 18-year-old girl in Calpe who had a ring stuck on her middle finger.

The girl had put the ring and it was not until two days later that she began to feel discomfort.

She was shocked as she woke up to find her finger completely swollen.

The ring, being too tight in the heat, had cut off the circulation to her finger.

The girl went to the nearest health centre where staff called for assistance from the firefighters as she waited with her hand in ice to reduce the swelling.

The firefighters soon arrived at the health centre and were able to remove the ring with pliers.

LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

We welcome comments from readers on our website and across our social networks. We invite you to discuss issues and share your views and we encourage robust debate and criticism provided it is civil.

However we reserve the right to reject or edit comments that:

• Contain offensive language
• Include personal attacks of any kind
• Are likely to offend or target any ethnic, racial, nationality or religious group
• Are homophobic, transphobic, sexist, offensive or obscene
• Contain spam or include links to other sites
• Are clearly off topic
• Impersonate an individual or organisation, are fraudulent, defamatory of any person, threatening or invasive of another’s privacy or otherwise illegal
• Are trolling or threatening
• Promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services

You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us, without limitation, in any format.