TWO Benidorm firefighters were called to the aid of an 18-year-old girl in Calpe who had a ring stuck on her middle finger.
The girl had put the ring and it was not until two days later that she began to feel discomfort.
She was shocked as she woke up to find her finger completely swollen.
The ring, being too tight in the heat, had cut off the circulation to her finger.
The girl went to the nearest health centre where staff called for assistance from the firefighters as she waited with her hand in ice to reduce the swelling.
The firefighters soon arrived at the health centre and were able to remove the ring with pliers.