Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup water, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 teaspoon chicken gravy granules, 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Preparation Time – 15 minutes. Cooking Time – 3 hours, 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same frying pan, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and granules. Bring the mixture to boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours. Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips, garlic powder to taste, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 cube beef stock, 1/4 cup hot water, 1 tablespoon cornflour, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped, 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon white sugar, 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation Time – 20 minutes. Cooking Time – 4 hours and 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix stock cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornflour until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.