A 14-MONTH-OLD British toddler is in intensive care after falling into a swimming pool in Javea.
The incident happened at around 11.40am on Monday at a villa on the Toscalet urbanisation near the Arenal beach.
The boy’s parents soon noticed that he had fallen and called 112 immediately.
The boy was unconscious with no pulse and had swallowed a lot of water.
Policia Local officers arrived at the scene and managed to resuscitate him.
An ambulance took the boy to Hospital de Denia-MarinaSalud before transferring him to Hospital Clinico de Valencia where he was incubated in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
It has not been confirmed as to whether the unnamed British family were on holiday or live on the private development.
The boy’s condition was reported to be ‘critical’ on Tuesday morning as neighbours shared information on Facebook, claiming to have heard ‘all the sirens’ and wishing the youngster ‘a speedy recovery’, sending ‘thoughts and prayers to the family’.
In May, a three-year-old British boy who spent almost week in intensive care after falling into a swimming pool in Denia lost his fight for life.
He was incubated in the same ICU at Hospital Clinico de Valencia and failed to overcome brain damage suffered while he was underwater.