Pellicer & Heredia: Questions & Answers

Driving Licences

Q :There are so many conflicting stories about foreign nationals having to change a driving license when they reside in Spain. So, what is correct – at the moment? Do I have to change my driving license to Spanish?

What about after Brexit?

A: At the moment, you must exchange your driving license if it was issued in a country that forms part of the European Union or the European Economic Area, when you are RESIDENT in Spain.Those who do not exchange their driving license face a hefty fine of up to 200 euros.

After Brexit, we are not able to comment on, until agreements and new laws have been approved and implemented.

At Pellicer & Heredia Lawyers we can help you exchange or renew you driving license. Our qualified and registered team of experts (tráficogestores) will be able to assist you on this matter and any other gestoría services that you might need while you are in Spain.

For more information contact us today on 965 480 737 or [email protected].

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here