Help for water bills available

water bill
water bill

TORREVIEJA council has announced an initiative to give people in most need some help with their annual water bills.

Councillor Fabiana Ibarra said that from today (September 1) older residents not reaching a certain level of pension income will be able to apply to get money off their water rates.  Help is available to residents in receipt of a retirement, widows or orphan’s pension, or permanent incapacity benefit.  They may also qualify if they are aged 60 and legally separated and receiving maintenance from their ex-partner but do not earn their own income.

Those applying must also have been registered on the Torrevieja padrón for at least two years and not in receipt of an annual income of more than €7,455.14.

The bills that they will be asking for help with must be presented with the application and there can only be one applicant per household.

The amount granted is up to €260 per year and applications forms can by collected from the Torrevieja Town Hall.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here