Pellicer & Heredia: Questions & Answers

Getting married in Spain
Getting married in Spain

Getting married in Spain

Q: My partner and I want to get married in Spain? What paperwork do we need?

A: You will need to speak to the town hall where you want to have the wedding, however you must provide

  • Literal birth certificate- legalized by the Consulate and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
  • Affidavit of civil status.
  • Original and photocopy of NIE and passport.
  • Application for the celebration for civil marriage from your local Town Hall.
  • A certificate from the Town Census with your address for the last two years.


All documentation must be legally translated into Spanish by a sworn translator

If you have any further questions about this or any legal matter, please do not hesitate to contact us; we have a team of experts standing by to assist you in any way we can.

For more information contact us today on 965 480 737 or 606 056 282 or Email

The information provided in this article is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here