Children injured after firework explodes

0
Children injured after firework explodes
Children injured after firework explodes

A YOUNG child has lost two fingers in an accident caused by a firecracker in San Javier, Murcia.

Three volunteers from the local Civil Protection service had to prevent the 12-year-old boy from entering hypovolemic shock; such was the extent of his injuries.  Hypovolemic shock is an emergency condition in which severe blood loss makes the heart unable to pump enough blood to the body.   They administered the first-aid until paramedics arrived at the scene to take the patient to the emergency department of the Virgen de la Arrixaca Hospital.

According to reports, the incident happened in a park in Santiago de la Ribera  when three children were seen playing with a number of fireworks when one exploded without warning.  Tests are now being made on them to see if any had been tampered with previously or were faulty, and investigations are also continuing to see if the group were trying to mix the explosives from a number of the firecrackers to make a larger rocket.

Another 13-year-old child suffered burns to his face and chest while the third child was unharmed in the explosion.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here