City centre blaze in Murcia

0
City centre blaze
City centre blaze

A FIRE that broke out in a five-storey building in the centre of Murcia resulted in a number of people being trapped on the upper floors.

The alarm was raised after a passer-by saw smoke and flames coming out of a window of a first floor flat in a block on Avenida Primero de Mayo. According to the emergency services, the fire was confined to the kitchen where it first started but there was a significant amount of smoke as a result and they were concerned at the existence of a butane gas bottle.
All of the occupants in the building were able to leave and there were no reports of any injuries.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

We welcome comments from readers on our website and across our social networks. We invite you to discuss issues and share your views and we encourage robust debate and criticism provided it is civil.

However we reserve the right to reject or edit comments that:

• Contain offensive language
• Include personal attacks of any kind
• Are likely to offend or target any ethnic, racial, nationality or religious group
• Are homophobic, transphobic, sexist, offensive or obscene
• Contain spam or include links to other sites
• Are clearly off topic
• Impersonate an individual or organisation, are fraudulent, defamatory of any person, threatening or invasive of another’s privacy or otherwise illegal
• Are trolling or threatening
• Promote, advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services

You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us, without limitation, in any format.