Monster under the bed

0
Monster under the bed

A WOMAN almost lost an arm after becoming trapped in her sofa bed in Malaga.

The 62-year-old was attempting to reach under the bed when the mechanism closed, catching her arm in the hinge.

Firefighters and a nurse battled to free the woman after her blood supply was cut off, carefully opening the hinge to avoid damaging her arm further. Eventually the woman was released and her arm was saved.

Malaga’s firefighters have been busy in recent weeks, having dealt with several fires in one property this year.

The site on Avenida Juan XXIII was most recently attended by fire fighters after a mattress apparently caught fire in the afternoon.  The flames were extinguished and no one has been reported injured.

Malaga City Council is now waiting for a court to decide whether they can remove squatters from an empty building.

Commercial Court Number One is due to make a decision over whether the council can brick up the building’s entrances or take up any other measures which would see its squatters removed. The court will also consider whether the building, a housing block on Avenida Juan XXII, could be bought by a third party who would reform it.

Following a series of fires at the property, Local Police have been forced to visit the site around 25 times this year, identifying those squatting in it.

The building’s current most recent occupiers were evicted after a latest fire on Sunday.  Residents claim the spot has become a target for thieves since a construction company which owned the building declared bankruptcy.  Up to one hundred people have squatted in the building since then, including some families and children.  Despite police efforts to evict the occupiers, many have returned.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here