Power cables set trees alight

0
Fire, fire
Fire, fire

A FIRE broke out on Calle dels Furs in Denia early on Wednesday morning, next to the IEA Maria Ibars school. The fire was caused just before 8.00am as the power cables caught the tops of the trees.

Exacerbated by the strong gusts of wind, sparks were flying and flashes could be seen by neighbours before some of the trees caught fire.

Thanks to the speed at which the fire was controlled by firefighters, it was not necessary to evacuate any neighbours in the area.

© No part of this web site may be reproduced without written permission from the publishers. All rights reserved. Todos los derechos reservados.


LEAVE A COMMENT

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here