WHO can resist Spain’s famous Manchego cheese wrapped in Englands favourite “bacon” combined with the sweetness of a beautiful fig!
Traditionally a Spanish tapas menu item. You can also add a sprinkling of toasted breadcrumbs for a bit of extra crunch.
Serve immediately or at room temperature.
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, cut into 24 small cubes
- 24 dried pitted dates 8 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 24 wooden toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C Stuff 1 piece of Manchego cheese into each date and then wrap with 1 piece of bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Arrange dates in a shallow baking dish with the bacon seam down and 2cm between pieces.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 5 minutes, turning dates with tongs, and continue baking until bacon is crispy for a further 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper, and serve whilst still warm… Delicious
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes