THIS homemade lip scrub will have your lips feeling soft and without the chemicals or the designer price tag.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 drop peppermint oil
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until they resemble a coarse paste. Store in a glass jar or lidded container.
To apply, hold a warm flannel over lips for 3-5 minutes to soften. Slather with minty scrub and let sit for 5 minutes. Wash off with a warm flannel and apply usual lip balm. Lips will be tingly, fresh and plump.
Winter beauty care cautions
- Avoid any skin care product containing alcohol and sodium lauryl sulphate, which can dehydrate skin.
- Take warm showers. Hot showers may feel good, but they melt away protective skin lipids.
- Opt for a warm mug of herbal tea. Caffeinated and alcoholic beverages dehydrate your skin.
- After an excursion in the frigid outdoors, avoid rushing to sit in front of a roaring fire. Temperature extremes stress skin.
- Apply moisturizer at least 30 minutes to an hour before heading outdoors. Moisturizers containing a lot of water can freeze on skin.