The Valencian Government announced on April 25 (via a Resolution in a DOGV) that Spanish markets could be open as from Thursday, April 30. As a result, a meeting was held between Councillors, Local Police and those run the Thursday and Saturday markets due to a concession.
The following was agreed:
- 1️⃣ There will be NO market in the URBANISATION MARKET PLACE on THURSDAY, APRIL 30. The first market in this location will be held on THURSDAY, MAY 7.
- 2️⃣ The market in SECTOR 8 (near to LIDL and ICELAND), URBANISATION LA MARINA will be held on SATURDAY, MAY 2.
- 3️⃣ The market in SAN FULGENCIO VILLAGE (Recinto Multiusos) will be held on TUESDAY, MAY 5.
The following control and security measures will be in place at EVERY market:
- 1️⃣ There will be ONE entrance and exit area from the market.
- 2️⃣ EVERY customer will be given hand sanitizer and gloves as they enter the controlled market area. Customers will not be allowed to touch any of the produce before purchasing it.
- 3️⃣ EVERY stallholder will be wearing gloves.
- 4️⃣ There will be 2.5m between each stall, and where there are two or more stallholders, they must also observe 2m of social distancing.
- 5️⃣ There will be 2m social distancing between customers that are waiting to be served.
At all times, please respect the lines or barriers in place to ensure that the measures listed above are observed. In addition, please take notice of any instructions given by members of the Local Police, Civil Protection and the market organisers.
Please be aware that the State of Emergency is still in existence until May 9, 2020. Therefore, more than one person will not be allowed in a car to go to the markets and only one person will be allowed into the market at any time in a similar way to the supermarkets operate.
Also, please do not use this visit to the market as a chance to stop and chat with any friends or neighbours you may see. Please, do your shopping and leave the market as soon as possible.