Benidorm City Council has implemented extensions on tax payments to help people through the “State of Alarm”
Benidorm News: Many tax payment periods have been extended. Some til end of May, some til end of June so far.
This affects many businesses and self employed people in the Benidorm. Mayor Toni Pérez declared that this will help many with payment plans, extended payment plans and payment of opening licenses amongst other items.
Spanish Tax and administrative bureaucracy is very complicated, so check with your Gestoria as what benefits you can gain exactly from these new guidelines.
How does this affect you?
- Opening license fees of up to €1500 can be postponed and split payments made up to June 30th.
- Terrace taxes for tables and chairs will be suspended until businesses can re open.
- Most of these deferrals should be interest free.
- Urban planning licenses under certain conditions can be extended to May 30th.
- Some vehicle taxes ie IVTM extended til June 15th
- Refuse bills (Basura) also extended til June 15th