The City Council is carrying out work on some of the roads most used by residents and tourists to have them ready when the state of alarm ends
Benidorm Road Workers have changed their work routines, schedules, and are required to wear masks to prevent coronavirus infections during the workday.
Large roadwork schemes such as that started on the Avenida Mediterraneo as well as many of the pedestrianized areas that were scheduled for work are to continue.
Benidorm’s Mayor Antonio Pérez said
The plan is that all if not the majority of work will be completed for when the lock-down ends. Taking advantage of the lack of pedestrians and road traffic, work can be completed much more quickly.
Work restarted last Tuesday with the Spanish Government allowing certain types of workers to resume activities. Works will continue on
- Calle Sol, Calle Ruzafa at its intersection with Herrerías and Emilio Ortuño
- Paseo de Levante, on the beachfront
- Avenida de l’Aigüera and Calle Sant Pere
- Calle Aigües and Avenida del Mediterráneo
- Avenida de Europa and Calle Esperanto.