FA Chairman chairman Greg Clarke does not see supporters returning at matches in the immediate future.
Clarke wrote in a letter to the FA Governing Council, that it was hard to foresee fans attending games.
“The reality is that we just don’t know how things are going to pan out.” Clarke reflected.
But with social distancing in place for some time to come, substantial changes are to be faced, he wrote.
Clarke described supporters as “the lifeblood of the game”.
It is thought that the Premier League, is already braced for playing out the 2020/21 season behind closed doors.
FA Budget Cut
The FA chairman confirmed that there will be budget cuts of £75 million for the FA next season.
Over the next fours years, a similar reduction in expenditure may be necessary to offset a £300 million deficit.
More positively, the FA might not incur such losses.
And could scale budgets upwards over time.
“I believe that the whole organisation has adapted well to cut expenditure for the remainder of this season.” Clarke added.
The next FA council meeting will take place on 21 May.
Where more details are likely to be released.
Premier League Tentative
Meanwhile the Premier League has said that it has made the first tentative moves towards resuming this season.
A return to action will only happen with government permission.
The League also welcomed the creation of the Government medical working group for a return of elite sport.
The group met for the first time last Friday morning.
Officially no decisions were taken in last week’s Premier League shareholders meeting.
Yet Premier League clubs have been told that using 10 neutral venues is the only way to finish this season.
Brighton have already said they are against the plans.
The Seagulls believe the plan goes against the “integrity” of the league.